Travel plans are an important part of medium to large scale development projects, as they help the scheme to make the best use of sustainable travel modes. I have extensive experience of the promotion of walking and cycling, together with knowledge of public transport development strategies from over 100 cities around the world. I can use this knowledge to help developers put together travel plans which meet local authority requirements, and which are both ambitious and achievable.
If you would like further information about how I can help you put together a travel plan for your development, please use the contact form on the right.
I can help with the development of travel plans, which might include some or all of the following:
- Low hanging fruit – working with local authorities to improve the local environment for walking and cycling, including minor street changes where possible, such as enhanced crossings or the removal of obstructive barriers.
- Establishment of a bicycle user group, including a buddy system for employees who live near each other.
- Integration of car sharing software to maximise the potential for multiple occupancy car usage.
- Parking incentives – establishing a priority system for parking permit provision, based on factors such as need for car use, commuting distance and emissions banding.
- Provision and protection of disabled car parking spaces.